1:00 - 1:45 pm EST
Panel Discussion -Building an Agency’s Long Term Data Strategy to Successfully Leverage Data as a Strategic Asset
- Aligning your Data & Analytics strategy with cross-government & organization level priorities and goals
- Exploring the transformational acceleration caused by the Covid-19 pandemic – what will the lasting changes to governmental data practices be?
- What impact will the Federal Data Strategy’s 10-year roadmap have in the coming decade? How can we ensure data is successfully shared between multiple agencies at the federal, state, and local level, and best used to deliver impact on government and society?
- How do you balance developing a strategic approach to data analytics with the need to remain flexible to adapt to the changing priorities of the wider organisation?
Moderator: Michael Anderson, Chief Strategist, Public Sector, Informatica
Sandra Parsons, Chief Data Officer, Office of the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Charles Turley, Chief Data Officer, Office of the Inspector General, United States Postal Service
Barney Krucoff, Chief Data Officer, District of Columbia
Garrett Berntsen, Deputy Chief Data Officer, U.S. Department of State
1:45 - 2:15 pm EST
Keynote Presentation -Re-thinking Data Analytics Platforms for Digital Transformation in Government
Christian Shrauder, Vice President of Federal, Yellowbrick
- Digital transformation in Government requires a new approach to data analytics to address emerging challenges in the scale, complexity, and distribution of data, as well as for ensuring security and availability
- But how do we balance those goals against the evergreen needs for cost efficiency and predictability? Neither legacy technology nor newer cloud options have all the answers, but solutions that combine the "enterprise values" of the former with the agility and elasticity of the latter may be the best answer
2:15 - 3:00 pm EST
Panel Discussion: Bringing Government into the Digital Age - How Can Data Analytics Leaders Play a Critical Role in Their Organization’s Modernization Journey?
- Managing transformational change - What does digital transformation look like in the public sector context? What opportunities does it offer for greater efficiency and better service delivery?
- How has Covid-19 accelerated government's digital transformation, what will be the legacy of the 'new normal', and what does this mean for the future of digital in public organizations?
- Data Transformation as a foundation for Digital Transformation - becoming data-driven as a basis on which to transform your whole organization
- Overcoming government's reliance on legacy systems and data siloes to ensure we are fit for the digital era
Moderator: Ravi Shankar, SVP, Chief Marketing Officer, Denodo
Carlos Rivero, Chief Data Officer, Commonwealth of Virginia
Courtney Winship, Deputy Chief Data Officer, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Darryl Dove, Section Chief, Enterprise Technology Services Section, U.S. Department of Justice
Antonio Cotroneo, Director, Technical Content Strategy, Omnisci
3:00 - 3:15 pm EST
Time for informal networking with your peers or to take a comfort break before sessions resume
3:15 - 3:45 pm EST
Keynote Presentation - Acceleration via the “AI Factory”
- You know that systemization via a modern “software factory” approach leads to scale, speed, and success when it comes to software development and delivery.
- Why not apply a similar framework of integrated tooling, services, data, and processes towards your analytics projects?
- This presentation will explore how to construct repeatable and sustainable processes which accelerate your team’s ability to design and implement AI at scale.
Ron Keesing, VP, Director of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Leidos
Christina Hsiao, Product Marketing, Dataiku
3:45 - 4:30 pm EST
4:30 - 5:00 pm EST
Happy Hour Meet & Greet
Grab a drink and join your fellow attendees plus the day's expert speakers for an informal fact-to-face Q&A session on Zoom.
5:00 pm EST
End of Day One